Are you looking at breaking into the video game journalism scene? Like to play games before other people or try out hardware and really get into the geeky stuff?
Writing for VGU is a great way to gain exposure in the games industry and nurture your skills as a writer and journalist in an industry like no other. We have several different contributory based writing position at the site which range into three main sections; video games, hardware and tabletop/tcg games. The position is not a paid position but we do give some great benefits such as free games, free hardware and access to specialist press events some in the UK and around the world.
To be a writer we expect a couple of things.
- Have a decent level of English, it does not need to be your first language but it should not have lots of grammatical or spelling errors.
- Deadlines are deadlines, if you are set one we would expect you meet it. This would be arranged before the work is undertaken with an editor.
- All news, reviews and other articles should be fact checked, up to date with the most comprehensive information from good sources.
- Personality! We want our writers to make reading their stuff entertaining, engaging and basically no boring. We have a style but that does not mean we are flexible so reading becomes fun and not mundane.
If you are still interested in becoming a writer for the website then we ask for a couple of things.
- One review based on your chosen area (hardware, video games or tabletop/tcg) – 800-1000 words approx.
- Should have a score out of ten and a final thoughts (we call it a TLDR)
- Please be aware that all writer are expected to branch into other areas if the site needs it. We will try to keep you on your chosen area as much as possible but can not guarantee it.
- The information should be be copied and just be info from Wikipedia or another site. No Plagiarism.
- One piece of news.
- This should be a recent event in the gaming industry and can be a game or hardware announcement.
- It should be fact checked and have all the most up to date information.
Please send your review and news sample, along with your CV to jobs[at]vguncovered.com