With the PlayStation 4 being one of the most popular gaming systems, it is no surprise that the company needs to make sure they are on par or ahead of Microsoft. When Microsoft did announce the ability to play Xbox One games via PC on Windows 10, Sony needed to respond with their PS4 Remote Play also available on PC but did one better and made a Mac version too.
In this guide, we will walk you through the steps needed to set up and install PS4 Remote Play to play your PlayStation 4 games on your PC, Laptop or Mac. We can also show you how to play PlayStation games on your PC even if you don’t have a PlayStation.
PS4 Remote Play in Steps
- Download and install the official Remote Play program for PC or Mac.
- Check to make sure your PlayStation 4 is running firmware version 3.50 or higher.
- Head into Settings > System Software Update if not.
- Open Remote Play on your PC and Connect your DualShock Controller
- Log into your PSN Account
- If your PS4 is on the same network, it should find it automatically.
- If not, click on Connect Manually.
- There you have it, all connected.
Your PC or Mac has to be running one of thse:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10 or later
- OS X 10.10
- OS X 10.11
DualShock Controller Use
You can either use the DualShock Controller connected up via the USB cable or wirelessly if you have the Dual Shock USB wireless adapter.