Steam Link now supports the use of the Microsoft Xbox controllers and a number of other third party products.
By updating the Steam Link the in-house streaming device now supports you to be able to use either a wired or a wireless Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller. If you have a Xbox One S controller, you will need to update it first by plugging it into your Xbox One or PC then you should be able to use it with the Steam Link.
We have tested it out and both controllers work well without any issues. Here’s how you can connect your Xbox 360 or Xbox One Controller to the Steam Link.
- Boot up the Steam Link
- Make sure it is up to date
- Head into settings then into Bluetooth
- Hit the small connection button on your Xbox One Controller
- Look for “Xbox One Controller” in the list.
- Select it via a mouse/keyboard or even a wired controller.
- Wait for the controller to stop blinking.
Once the blinking has stop you should be good to go and the Xbox Wireless Controller should be paired with the Steam Link. Remember if you have a wired controller, you should not have to do anything other than have an upto date Steam Link and just connect it to one of the USB ports on the Link.