The portable version of Nintendo’s crossover fighting franchise Super Smash Bros. would have been predicted to sell a lot of copies due to the it’s expanded target audience, but no one could have foreseen that it would be the tenth Nintendo 3DS title in America to reach one million copies. This is an amazing achievement for any piece of gaming software, and to achieve it in less than six weeks after it’s original release date definitely warrants a Master Hand round of applause.
In case you were wondering what titles have reached this milestone, you can find the current list below. Keeping up the times, these figures include copies sold at retail, and the Nintendo eShop.
- Mario Kart 7 – 3.62 Million
- Super Mario 3D Land – 3.34 Million
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 2.33 Million
- Pokemon X – 2.11 Million
- Pokemon Y – 2.03 Million
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D – 1.41 Million
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 1.42 Million
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – 1.36 Million
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS – 1.20 Million
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds – 1.06 Million
The current sales figures for Europe and Japan are not known at this time, but if they are anything like the numbers that have arisen in America, Nintendo will have once again proved their selling power. Are you having a blast with Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS? Let us know what you think in the comments below.