The First-Person urban survival game Nether has now had its first large content update which has introduced several new features voted for by the community.
These features include:
- A Subway System – A brand new subterranean tunnel system that adds a whole new layer of depth to the decimated cityscape
- A Wing Glider – Allows players to make quick getaways or tactical moves by flying from rooftops to lower level roofs or platforms
- A New Nether – Heavy, Golem enemy, massive in size and damage, requiring cooperative play to bring it down
- New “Surge” Objective – A new world-objective that has players kill a mini-boss that attacks random areas of the city for an experience boost
- New in-game items – Including a flashlight, compass, road flare and smoke grenades
Nether will continue to listen to player input throughout its development in later updates. Fans can vote on this link in order to decide what shall be included in the next update.
“Our goal with Nether has always been to create content and a gaming experience that includes the community,” said Chip Sineni, Creative Director at Phosphor Games. “Since launching Nether into early access we’ve received tremendous feedback from our fans and we’re psyched to release the first set of public-driven features for everyone to enjoy.”
Nether sees you attempting to survive in a deadly urban environment where quick thinking is needed constantly. Do you think such high level of player input will be positive for the longevity of the title? Let us know what you think in the comments below.