Digital Tribe Games have announced that Dementium II HD has been released on Steam and other major digital distribution channels from today. Released due to popular demand the original release on Nintendo DS has seem something of a cult following and this new PC edition of the title will launch at a 25% discounted price, totally at $11.25.
Dementium II HD improves on the original title by recreating the lighting system, updating 3D models, including hi res textures, enhanced audio and refined controls.
“We wanted to preserve the feel of the game; its soul,” says Producer Joe de Lange from Memetic, Dementium II HD’s developer. “The single biggest challenge was the fact that playing on the PC is a very different experience compared to playing on the DS. We spent a lot time working to get that balance right.”
Dementium II HD Features Include:
- Steam Big Picture Mode with full controller support, Steam Achievements and Cloud Saves on Day 1 – plus a twisted series of Steam Trading Cards coming soon after launch.
- Classic gameplay that balances action, exploration, story and puzzle elements into a single, unforgettable horror experience.
- Hordes of unique, nightmarish enemies that require different strategies to defeat – plus ghostly new creatures that will chill you to the bone.
- Twisted storyline that keeps you guessing throughout the entire game.
- Multifunctional weapons to take out enemies and grant access to new areas.
Will you be picking up Dementium II? Let us know what you think in the comments below.