Information on Fallout 4 has been leaked over Reddit. The original poster, named as GNR_Informant claims to be a friend of someone working at Bethesda.
We already know that Bethesda will not be creating any more DLC’s for Skyrim and Elder Scrolls VI won’t be seen for quite a while, so could it be entirely possible that Fallout 4 could be reaching us soon?
Here is the list of what has been posted:
- First and foremost, the game will take place in Boston, and be kind of a direct sequel to Fallout 3 with a few groups returning.
- From what it sounds like, “The Institute” is pretty much the downtown DC or New Vegas of this game. Boston is going to be unlike anything we’ve seen in a Fallout game before, with buildings more on par with cyberpunk and retro-futurism.
- Androids play a big part in this game. The railroad from Fallout 3 is a faction. The enemies of the railroad is “the Plantation” — a group who force Androids to farm so that Humans can get food. The Institute is highly advanced and probably obtained or built their own GECK to start a farm.
- Due to complaints about using Super Mutants and the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 3 excessively and going against the lore too much, Bethesda has decided to avoid using these groups. Bethesda wants to make a new “race” (think Ghoul, Super Mutant) which will be central to Boston. Bethesda is currently looking at Lovecraftian fiction since Boston is around “Lovecraft Country”.
- Bethesda has no plans to reinvent the leveling up system to make it more like Skyrim and want to make Fallout 4 more distinct from Skyrim since of the complaints that Oblivion and Fallout 3 were too similar. Bethesda is thinking about introducing a system, similar to Skyrim, where your skills can level up if you perform certain tasks.
- All that has been confirmed is that the game is in development. We will keep you updated on any further confirmations.
In the meantime let us know what you want in Fallout 4? And which of this rumoured information you most want to be true in the comments.