Pokémon X and Y adds over 70 new Pokémon to the mix and with these Pokémon comes some odd new ways to evolve them. To give you trainers a helping have we have put together a list of the new Pokémon that require a special ways to evolve so you don’t have to miss out on any of them:
- Pancham can only evolve into Pangoro if you raise it to level 32 (or above) while having another Pokémon with the Dark-type in your team.
- Inkay can’t evolve unless you have your 3DS (or 2ds) held upside-down when it hits level 30 or higher.
- The new fossil Pokémon Tyrunt and Amaura can only evolve at level 39 during the daytime and night-time respectively.
- Want the new Eevee evolution Sylveon? Make sure your Eevee knows at least one New Fairy-type move and max out its bonds via Pokémon-amie, then level it up once more and it will evolve.
- The new Dragon Pokémon Goomy and its evolution Sliggoo are really cool, but do you know what’s cooler? Goodra, its final form. To get this Dragon Pokémon level Sliggoo to 50 (or higher) while in the rain and it will evolve (make sure the rain is natural rain not rain brought out from the move rain dance. You can use some areas in route 14 and 16 for this).
Finally, two Pokemon evolve via trading
- Spritzee evolves into Aromatisse when you trade it holding a Sachet.
- Swirlix evolves into Slurpuff when you trade it holding a Whipped Dream.
We hope this helps you out and hope you are enjoying Pokémon X and Y!
Was this article helpful? Will you want to be getting some of the Pokémon mentioned? Let us know in the comments below!