Grand Theft Auto V has had a lot of praise heaped upon it, even by us in our review. While the online component undergoes a few growing pains, at leas the single player is a consistently solid experience. GTAV is now set for the record books, breaking seven Guinness World Records in total. While there is a tiny bot of overlap between the records they do count as separate ones, so expect to be seeing Rockstar’s name a lot in this years gaming edition of the long-running record keeping book.
The seven records Grand Theft Auto V broke were:
1. Best-selling action-adventure videogame in 24 hours
2. Best-selling videogame in 24 hours
3. Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion
4. Fastest videogame to gross $1 billion
5. Highest grossing videogame in 24 hours
6. Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
7. Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure videogame
What do you think? Are this records well earned or do you think GTAV is over-rated? Let us know in the comments.