A short time after the scans for CoroCoro were leaked, Nintendo have explained all of the newest features in Pokémon x and Y, starting off with the newly announced Mega Pokémon:
- Mega Evolution is a new transformation certain Pokémon can only undergo during battle.
- Pokémon that Mega Evolve get a power boost, some can change abilities and even change type.
- A Mega Stone is needed to activate this evolution.
- Mega Stones are hidden in the Kalos region.
- Mega stone are specific to certain Pokémon i.e. Lucario’s Mega Stone is called Lucarionite.
- The Mega Stone for Blaziken can only be obtained from the special Wi-Fi event and will be held by the Torchic players can get if they take part.
Nintendo also explained the new method of training Pokémon; Super training:
- This allows player to EV train Pokémon without going into a battle.
- The Pokémon will have to do specific activities to raise various stats EV’s in the form of basic mini games.
- Pokémon can also train themselves without the player doing anything, you can check on your Pokémon’s progress at any time via the super training screen.
Finally, full bio’s were released for the three newest Pokémon revealed for Pokémon X and Y:
- By emitting radio waves from its antenna-shaped whiskers, new Electric/Fairy-type Pokémon Dedenne can communicate with far-off allies. It can also plug its tail into outlets to drain electricity from them. Its Ability, Cheek Pouch, is new to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. If a Pokémon with this Ability eats a Berry during battle, it will not only reap the benefit from the Berry, but the Pokémon will also be able to regain HP. Dedenne can learn the new Electric move Nuzzle, which looks cute as the user nuzzles up to a target with its cheeks fully charged, but it’s quite dangerous! Nuzzle will do damage while paralyzing the opponent.
- Bunnelby is a new Normal-type Pokémon that creates its den by digging in the ground with its large, shovel-shaped ears. These powerful ears are strong enough to chop right through thick tree roots, making them a force to be reckoned with in battle. Bunnelby can learn the Ground-type move Dig. On the first turn, the user burrows underground, and on the second turn, it attacks! In Double Battles, a Pokémon can use Dig to avoid its ally’s attack and then dish out damage on the next turn.
- Skiddo evolves into the already announced Gogoat. A Grass-type Pokémon, Skiddo has a gentle nature and is said to be the first Pokémon to live alongside humans. Because of this relationship, Skiddo doesn’t mind carrying people or supplies on its back, and it has become able to read the feelings of its riders through their grip on its horns. Skiddo can learn the Grass move Leaf Blade, where the user wields a sharp leaf to slice like a sword.
What do you think of these new features in Pokémon X and Y? What about the new Pokémon? Let us know what you think!