Sins of a Solar Empire is a popular stratergy game from Galactic Civilizations creator Stardock. This year the game is getting it’s first DLC content titled “Forbidden worlds” to be released on June 5th.
Forbidden Worlds adds new planet types, planet specializations, technologies, planetary bounaries and more Steam achievements all for only $4.99 which is pretty cheap for DLC. The premise of the DLC is that the war between the loyalists and the rebels within the TEC, Advent and Vasari continues within the depths of Trader Space. Yet, this sector of the galaxy has far more worlds and history than any of the factions are aware. The need to survive forces each to expand into the unknown, discovering worlds of hazard, wealth, risk, and mystery. Most ominously, the Trader factions have been loathe to expand to these worlds due to the dark myths that surround them.
You can check out the list of features below for the DLC:
- Four new planet types to colonize and exploit (Barren, Ferrus, Greenhouse, Oceanic), each created with beautiful high-res textures.
- New Planet Specialization System: Dedicate your worlds to either social or industrial output. Devoting your planet to social improvements will increase its population and culture, at the cost of trade income and ship production. Choosing an industrial path will limit your growth and culture, but make your planet a trading and ship building powerhouse.
- 15 new research subjects allow the races to conquer and expand onto the forbidden worlds.
- Discover 40 new planet bonuses during your exploration of the galaxy, unlocking the dark past of the Sins’ universe.
- Unlock five new Steam Achievements and display your mastery of forbidden space!
Forbidden Worlds will be available as a direct download, through Steam, and selected stores.
Will you be buying the DLC? Do any new features grab your attention? Let us know in the comments below.