Bioshock Infinite designer Ken Levine has released details for the games Ultimate Songbird and Premium Editions. In a blog post on the Inrrational Games blog, Levine lets us in on the process of these versions.
“Imagine you get to work with Robb Waters, the concept artist who visualized the cover of System Shock. The Trickster in Thief. Man-Bot in Freedom Force. BioShock’s Little Sisters. Sander Cohen. And BioShock Infinite’s Songbird.”
“Now imagine you can get him to personally conceive and oversee the production of the coolest statue in the world.”
“Then imagine we put that huge sucker in a period-style box, with custom artwork by Robb and Irrational concept artist Jorge Lacera. And that box went IN the collector’s edition box so you could leave that guy unpunched in his original packaging while you tear happily into the rest of the goodies.”
The statue looks something like this and is for the Ultimate Songbird edition:
If your not interested or cant afford the Ultimate Songbird edition then you could spend your money on the premium edition which has a whole load of nice extras.
- A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica.
- A 5 x 7-inch lithograph by Jorge Lacera.
- A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
- A mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed cover.
- Various digital goodies: exclusive in-game gear, a digital soundtrack, and platform specific downloadable content (Avatar costumes for Xbox 360, and Themes for PC and PlayStation 3).
Of course, all of the above is also included in the Ultimate Songbird Edition. The Murder of Crows keychain, and the Handyman all come in separate packaging.
Check out the three editions at the Bioshock Infinite Website and while you’re there you can also pre-order a copy.
All collectors editions can be pre-ordered in the EU from the 22nd October.