Wii U Internet Connection Fix
If you like many other players are having trouble connecting to the web with your new Wii U then fear no more! Here is a fix provided by the Official Nintendo Support Forums!
• 1) Go into connection types, Hit “Manual Configuration”.
• 2) Input your SSID.
• 3) Input the correct security type (this is very important, obviously).
• 4) Put your password in properly.
• 5) For IP address “Do not auto obtain.”
• 6)Open up cmd in your computer and type in “ipconfig” in (Window computers, OSX users view message at bottom).
• 7) Input that IP address but add 10 to the last number so “192.168.0.1″ will be entered as “192.168.0.11.”
• 8) Enter the rest of your info inside such as subnet mask and default gateway exactly as you see it in your ipconfig.
• 9) Now hit next, and then hit configure for your DNS. When asked about DNS, do not autoobtain.
• 10) For the first server put in 126.96.36.199.
• 11) For the second server put in 188.8.131.52.
• 12) Hit Next, and DO NOT set a proxy.
• 13) Leave MTU as the default.
• 14) It should work, if not check the ip and that it is the internet IP + 10.
This fixed my problem with my Wii U connecting and I hope it can do the same for yours!
Does this fix work for you? Or did you not have a problem in the first place? Let us know in the comments below!