Today, Nintendo have announced that the Pokmeon X & Y Battle Tournament is on its way to the UK. Kicking off on 1st March, Pokemon fans across the country can gather at their local Game or shopping centres to face off against their peers.
For those who make it through the heats, the grand final of the tournament will take place in London, in April. The best Pokemon Trainer of the tournament will win the amazing prize of a trip to Japan, while other winners will pick up some Nintendo goodies and vouchers. The two top placing Trainers from the ‘Ultimate Pokémon Expert’ and ‘Junior Expert’ age categories will also be offered fast track entry to the Pokémon UK Video Game Championships event in Spring.
The dates of the tournament qualifying events are as follows.
- Bullring, Birmingham - 1st March
- GAME Churchill Square, Brighton - 1st March
- GAME Murraygate, Dundee – 2nd March
- Intu Eldon Square, Newcastle - 8th March
- GAME Hamleys, London - 8th March
- GAME St. David’s Centre, Cardiff - 8th March
- WestQuay, Southampton - 15th March
- GAME Meadowhall, Sheffield - 15th March
- GAME Castle Street, Banbury - 15th March
- Bluewater, Kent - 22nd March
- GAME Back Of The Inns, Norwich - 22nd March
- GAME Victoria Centre, Nottingham - 22nd March
- Intu Trafford Centre, Manchester - 29th March
- GAME Westfield Stratford City, London – 29th March
- Intu Braehead, Glasgow - 5th April
- GAME Cribbs Causeway, Bristol – 5th April
For full terms and conditions of the tournament, and to register for one of the qualifying events, be sure to head over to the official Nintendo website.