Possible New Pokémon List is Looking More Official
A few weeks ago, we reported on a list of possible new Pokémon that are coming in Pokémon X and Y. Now it looks like that list could be the truth as two of the Pokémon, Dedenne and Horubii, were recently revealed are real Pokémon. For a reminder, here is the list:
- Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It’s name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
- Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French.
- Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
- Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
- Dedenne (デデンネ) (CONFIRMED)
- Horubii (ホルビー) — Likely comes from horu (ホル) to dig + bee. (CONFIRMED)
- Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
- Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
- Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego.
- Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
- Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things.
- Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
- Torimian (トリミアン)
- Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.
This is a lot of interesting an cool sounding Pokémon so we at VGU are glad that it could be all true!
But what do you think? Would you like this list to be real? Or do you not like the new Pokémon in it?