Playstation 3 owners will know about the issues Bethesda have had trying to port the DLC across to their consoles. Now Sony have announced on their official blog that the Skyrim DLC will be making its way across to Playstation 3 consoles this February, and for one week it will be 50% off on PSN. PC users will also be getting the latest DLC pack, Dragonborn, on February 5th so it's looking to be a good month for fans of the game!
Here's a quick recap as to what you get with each DLC:
The first official add-on for Skyrim, Dawnguard sees you facing against Lord Harkon over a propechy that foretells the eternal obfuscation of the sun. Will you join the ancient order of Dawnguard to stop him, or join him and become a Vampire Lord yourself? You can become the ultimate vampire or werewolf with all new quests, factions and locations.
- New Weapons, Armor, Spells and Shouts: Craft your very own Dragonbone weaponry and learn new shouts such as Soul Tear, which rips the souls from enemies and turns them into your minions. Use if for good or evil, the choice is yours.
- Become a Vampire Lord: If you side with the Vampires you gain the ability to hover over the ground, turn into bats, levitate enemies as you drain their life and more. There's also an upgradable perk system.
- Werewolf perks added: Turn yourself into a badass werewolf with a new upgradable perks system including Bestial Strength, Animal Vigor and Savage Feeding.
- New Locations and Creatures: Chose from two new fortresses to upgrade and call home: Castle Volkihar or Fort Dawnguard. Travel to the new realm of Oblivion and battle new creatures including Death Hounds, Gargoyles, Armored Trolls and new vampires and dragons.
Hearthfire takes the PC mods and brings them to consoles. In this DLC you can build your own houses from the ground, constructing three houses with different rooms e.g an alchemy lab, garden and kitchen. Use all new tools like a drafting table and carpenters workbench to transform quarried stone, sawn logs and clay into your grand mansion and fill that house by adopting children. Yes Hearthfire finally lets you make some additions to your little family.
- Choose Your Land: Choose from 3 plots to start building your dream house. Alternatively if you have enouh money you can build houses on all 3 plots! A house for each season.
- Customise your home: Expand your home with a combination of rooms that include an armory, alchemy lab, kitchen, trophy room and more. You can grow plants in the greenhouse, cultivate fish in your very own hatchery and keep bees outside. You can even have additional features like stables, mills, gardens and more, allowing you to buy cows and chicken like a true farmer.
- New Objectives and interactions: Guard your home from unwanted visitors and the occasional curious dragon. If you're feeling a little lazy you can turn your trusted follower into a steward who will look after the house for you, and hire your very own bard and carriage driver to make your Skyrim lifestyle a little more complete.
- Adoption: Adopt up to 2 children to turn your house into a family home. Play games with your kids, allow them to have pets and gain new bonuses from having a family! Plus they'll even bring you items occasionally that would make any parent worry where they play.
The latest DLC sees you taking on the very first Dragonborn. Travel to the island of Solstheim, off the coast of Morrowind and Skyrim, and encounter new towns, new dragons and quests that will have you wandering through desolate ashlands and icy tundras. Your fate the the fate of Solstheim hang in the balance as you face off against your greatest adversary yet.
- Explore beyond Skyrim: Leave Skyrim behind as you head for the ashen lands of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elves of Raven Rock and the native Skaal while encountering many new creatures.
- Become the Ultimate Dragonborn: Harness the power of the voice against the original Dragonborn with an arsenal of new shouts at your disposal. Wield Dragon Aspect, summoning the power of your inner dragon, and tame dragons to your will in your quest to save the land.
- New Powers: Discover dark new powers in the Daedric realm by collecting books of forbidden knowledge.
- New dugeons, monsters, weapons and more: Craft Bonemold, Chitin and Stalhrim armour as well as wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate a new world of dungeons, battling foes like Ash Spawn and goblin-like Rieklings along the way.
So what do you think? Anyone excited to have these finally coming to Playstation 3 and PC? Leave us a comment below.Last modified on