Have you got your copy of Dead Space 3 pre-ordered yet? If you're in North America you might want to hold off a little bit longer, and everyone else will definitely want to check this out. The Dev Team at Visceral Games have decided to give fans a behind-the-sceen look into the clues, art and inspiration behind their latest horror and have teamed up with Treehouse Brand Stores to offer the Dead Space 3 Dev Team Edition. This will be available when the game launches on February 8th 2013 and it brings a whole host of exclusive merchandise. The Dev Team Edition will include:
- Dead Space 3 Limited Edition: Includes the "First Contact" and "Witness the Truth" packs
- Tin Collector's Case: Measuring 14"x9", this case is covered with trivia from all 3 games, debossed with full colour art based on the designs from Ben Wanat (Creative Director for Dead Space 3) and Dino Ignacio (UI Designer for Dead Space 3).
- Serrano's Journal: Dr Earl Serrano's journal full of clues and haunting artwork of his findings on Tau Volantis.
- Art Book: A 4.75"x6.5" hardbound book containing 96 pages of full colour images, plus exclusive material from the Dead Space art department headed by Alex Muscat (Art Director of Dead Space 3).
- Flip Book "Data Pad": A 10"x7" book with a metal cover that contains 9 image sets made with clear PET cover sheets over heavy-weighing cardstock. It's a functional prop version of the in-game User Interface.
- Marker Statue: An 8" hand-sculpted, custom-molded polyresin statue that is a replica of the Black Marker.
- Med-Pack: The med-pack in game has been recreated as a 14 oz. PET water bottle.
- Poster Pack: A set of three 5"x10" single sided posters.
- Postcard Set: A set of six 3.75"x6" Peng themed postcards, double sided with art on the front and Dead Space-branded postcard information on the back.
This lovely collection is available for $160 (about £100) but this version (with the game) is only available in North American regions. However if you've pre-ordered it already, want a digital copy or you're not from North America and just want the goodies you can buy them for $100 (£63). The game will be released on 8th February 2013 for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC but if you can't wait until then there is the downloadable demo which is available January 22nd on Xbox LIVE and Playstation Network. If you're wanting the Dev Team Edition you can buy it here. You'd better be quick though - there are only 5000 copies of this available and once they're gone that's it!
It's really quite tempting to buy the special stuff (I'm a sucker for decent extra items with games) - how about you guys? Looking forward to the game? Give us a shout in the comments! And don't forget to keep checking back for more news and to hear about the Dead Space 3 demo.Last modified on