Electronic Arts and Crytek GmbH today announced that the open multiplayer beta for Crysis 3 will be available starting January 29th for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC. The beta includes two team-based modes adn two maps, allowing players to master the Nanosuit. The Crysis 3 multuplayer beta will be available for 2 weeks before the game launches in Europe on February 22nd 2013.
The beta features two of eight modes available in the full game: Crash Site and Hunter mode.
- Crash Site has players secure and defend specific locations, earning points along the way for kills and defending the locations.
- Hunter mode makes its debut in Crysis 3 and is an asymmetrical time based mode that pits two players vs. ten (two vs. 14 on PC) in matche that begin with two cloaked hunters stalking 10 opposing CELL troopers. You're armed with only Nanosuits and the lethal Predator bow, and teams must work together in order to survive and kill the opposition. The twist in this mode is that once a CELL trooper is killed they will respawn as a Hunter.
The beta will also showcase two of the game's twelve visually stunning maps: Airport and Museum. Both provide a taste of the lush urban rainforest under the Liberty Dome of New York City. As well as this players will have access to the New York Feed, a brand new in-game social feed that will showcase the accomplishments of gamers and their friends while offering dynamic challenges to complete. Crysis 3 multiplayer also contains exciting new gameplay features including Rip & Throw, which allows players to interact with the elements of the environment to use as weapons or shields as well as the chance to control the Pinger, a fearsome alien tripod war machine that can be used to devastating effect.
Crysis 3 sees the player take on the role of ‘Prophet’ as he returns to New York only to discover that the city has been encased in a Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation. This dangerous new world demands advanced weapons and tactics, including the Nanosuit. Equipped with superhuman powers including cloaking, armor and enhanced visor abilities, the Nanosuit is the ultimate tool that allows players to assess, adapt and attack whatever the 7 Wonders throws at them. In addition to the Nanosuit, players will wield the powerful Predator bow and devastating alien weaponry to become the deadliest hunter on the plane
If you pre-order the game before the launch your game copy will be automatically upgraded to the Crysis 3 Hunter Edition, which has an additional free download of the game that started it all, Crysis (available for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC). This edition gives you better tools to aid your survival, including access to the lethal Predator bow and its attachments as well as the Hunter Nanosuit module, which adds extra power and fucntionality to that super-suit. There is also an additional XP boost when playing online up to level 5, a unique Predator bow skin and three exclusive dog tags to hunt in style. This particular edition is available on Origin and other participating retailers for £42.99.
The Beta is open and free to enter, and you can find all information you need on how to download the beta game on the Crysis 3 Beta website. As said before the beta will run from January 29th to February 12th 2013, and you can grab access to it in the following ways:
- PC: You will need Origin and the client in order to download it. Simply log in, download the client (the website has full details for this), launch Origin and it should be under your Games tab.
- Xbox 360: Go to the Games Marketplace and find Crysis 3. THe option for a Free Download should appear, and this is your Xbox beta version.
- Playstation 3: From the XBM (Cross Media Bar) choose the Playstation store and search for Crysis 3. The search should return Crysis 3 Beta, and simply follow the on-screen instructions for your download.
Please note: This beta is only for the multiplayer, and there will be no single player or campaign functions available. For more information please see the Beta website above.
Crysis 3 will be available for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC on February 19th for North America and February 22nd for Europe. Don't forget to let us know what you think of the beta in the comments! I will certainly be hoping to play it.Last modified on