New Batman Arkham game revealed for 2013
Holy smokes Batman! It looks like there’s going to be a new Batman: Arkham game in the works this year as Warner confirmed its existence in a chat with investors (the chat itself was transcribed by Yahoo Finance).
John K. Martin, CFO and Chief Administrative Officer of Time Warner, stated “And we also have a strong game release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise. So all in all, we expect Warners to post another very strong year in 2013.” This is sure to bring joy to fans of the original games (Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City).
Now for a bit of potentially bad news. Sources at VG247 have confirmed that Rocksteady Studios (developers of the previous games) will not be developing this particular game. Whether this is a good or a bad thing is yet to be seen.
This suggests that the new game could be one of the 15 Batman domains registered earlier this year. The complete list of domains registered are:
- arkhamuniverse.com (Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkahmuniverse.com (Batman Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkhamarises.com (Batman Arkham Arises)
- batmanarkhambegins.com (Batman Arkham Begins)
- batmanarkhamdarkknight.com (Batman Arkham Dark Knight)
- batmanarkhamknight.com (Batman Arkham Knight)
- batmanarkhamlegend.com (Batman Arkham Legend)
- batmanarkhamlegends.com (Batman Arkham Legends)
- batmanarkhamnight.com (Batman Arkham Night)
- batmanarkhamorigins.com (Batman Arkham Origins)
- batmanarkhamstories.com (Batman Arkham Stories)
- darkknightarkham.com (Dark Knight Arkham)
- dcarkhamuniverse.com (DC Arkham Universe)
- dcarkhamverse.com (DC Arkhamverse)
- thearkhamuniverse.com (The Arkham Universe)
Considering how well the previous games did it isn’t surprising that a new one is in the works. I quite like the sound of Arkham Universe, which would definitely be a step up in terms of the ‘take over the world’ plan. How about you, which title do you like and what do you want to see in the new Batman game? Let us know in the comments.