343 Industries gives us an update on Halo 4 content
Players will be pleased to announce that 343 Industries have lots of fun new things planned for Halo 4 with a whole bunch of new content. This will all happen after the Infinity Challenge concludes and there will once again be regular Matchmaking updates! It’s set to include the second half of Spartan Ops Season 1 as well as brand new Matchmaking content. A post on the Halo Waypoint blog tells us they have the following things plans (if everything goes well):
Week of 21st January:
- Spartan Ops episode 6: 5 new missions and a CGI cinematic.
- “Forge Test” playlist (name not final) which is a rotational hopper featuring small Forge maps. You get to test them and provide feedback, getting them read for Matchmaking a lot quicker!
- New specialisations unlocked for ALL players: Pioneer and Pathfinder
Week of 28th January:
- Spartan Ops episode 7: 5 new missions and another CGI cinematic
- Grifball playlist: A rotational hopper featuring Halo’s very own sport!
- More specialisations unlocked for ALL players: Engineer and Stalker
Week of 4th February:
- Spartan Ops episode 8 released: Once again 5 new missions and a new CGI cinematic.
- Team Doubles playlist: now you can get super friendly with someone in a rotational hopper featuring (in case you can’t guess) 2 v 2 action!
- Another bunch of specialisations unlocked for ALL players: Rogue and Tracker
As well as this, Matchmaking updates will go live every Monday with new potential playlists including an IMPROVED version of Team Snipers. Are you excited yet? Late February will bring a Title Update and the Majestic Map Pack, which features two small maps and a medium sized one (keep checking for an update on the map pack itself!)
For more information you can check out the Halo Waypoint Bulletin for yourself.
What do you think of the new updates? Let us know in the comments.