Today Respawn have confirmed all the additions that we can expect in the next Titanfall patch for PC and Xbox One.
Probably the most interesting of changes to the game is the inclusion of private matches. Private matches, as you can imagine, allow you to set up matches with and against your friends for either casual or tournament play. As it is still partly in the works, Respawn have commented that they are open to player feedback, and that new options such as score limits and round times will come in future updates. Hopefully fans will run into relatively few problems with the beta.
So here’s some of the highlights of the new features:
- Private Match supports 2 to 12 players, with 1 to 6 players on each team.
- Choose any of the game’s maps or modes (CTF, Pilot Hunter, etc.) to play in.
- Choose which team you’re on.
- There is no concept of a “lobby leader”; any player can change game options in the lobby or start/stop the match countdown.
- All Private Match games are still played on dedicated servers via Xbox Live Cloud Compute, just like normal matches.
However, the update isn’t just adding private matches. The patch also includes a plethora of bug fixes and additional tweaks, which include the following:
- Party Colours
- Auto-Titan Colour in Obituary
- Removed Wall-hack Exploit (PC)
- Menu Changes
- Game Version on Main Menu
- Party App Shortcut in Menus (Xbox One)
- The Gooser Challenge Overhaul
- 40mm magazine capacity for default and Extended Mag
- Titan Quad Rocket mag size change
- Titan Quad Rocket damage vs Titan shields
- Titan Quad Rocket ‘Rapid Fire’ Mod’s mag size change
- Amped Kraber Titan damage change
- Hardpoint Domination scoring changes
- CTF scoring changes
For the full patch notes, which go into far more detail on the changes and outline all the bug fixes, be sure to check out the Titanfall website.