Publisher Armor Games and developer Ironhide Game Studios today announced the “Winter Storm” update for iOS tower defense classic Kingdom Rush, available for download now on the iTunes App Store.
Warlord Ulguk-Kai has managed to unite his bumbling troll army into battle against the peaceful citizens of Linirea. Players must defend the land on brand-new wintry stages, facing troll enemies alongside Viking heroes. While the new content is challenging, it’s a breeze compared to the new Hard Mode… consider this your final warning!
With an overall score of 89 on Metacritic and countless accolades from across the gaming realm, this casual tower defender truly belongs on every iDevice. The Kingdom Rush Winter Storm update is free on iPhone and iPad for all existing players. Download the Winter Storm update today for both iPad and iPhone. (iPhone link, iPad link)
New in Kingdom Rush Winter Storm Update
• Two Trolling Stages – Invade the Ha’Kraj trolls’ home turf and bring them to their knees
• Terrifying Enemies – Test your skills against three new mighty foes and their pesky surprise attacks
• Malicious Hard Mode – Only the best strategists dare try this new mode… even tower defense veterans may not live to tell the tale
• Viking Heroes Rise – Shred enemies as Ingvar the Viking werebear and freeze troll souls with Elora’s Wintersong magic
• Sweet, Sweet Victory – Conquer five new achievements for outlasting the Winter Storm’s chilling troll warriors
About Kingdom Rush
• The Standard for Tower Defense – Simple enough for newbies, while tower defense fans will feel right at home
• Lush Cartoon Visuals – Retina graphics and uncluttered style keeps troll-killing at the forefront
• One Helluva Fight – Lengthy campaign is backed by Heroic and Iron Challenges for massive replayability
• Terrifying Towers – Sorcerer Mages roast their oppressors; don’t even ask about the Axe-Wielding Barbarian…
• Endless Enemies – Flying gargoyles, massive yetis, vicious horned marauders and now terrifying trolls will hammer your defenses
Critical praise for Kingdom Rush: IGN Editor’s Choice, Slide To Play Must Have, 148 Apps Editor’s Choice, Jay is Games Game of the Year, Pocket Gamer Gold Award, Touch Arcade 4.5/5, CNET Best iPad Games
Developer accolades include: Best Strategy Game & Community Choice Award: Flash Gaming Summit Mochi Awards 2012, Business of the Year: Korean Games Conference 2012
So what do you think of the new content to hit Kingdom Rush? Let us know your thoughts down below in the comments and be sure to look up more information on Kingdom Rush on the official website.